As the world begins to open up slowly and the prospect of travel becomes a reality again, we understand that you will still have concerns about how your ski holiday experience may differ in the future.
At Ski Morzine we are constantly monitoring the changing travel advice both in the UK and in France so that we can offer you the best guidance possible. Your wellbeing and safety will always be our number one priority.
We will keep this page updated with the latest news, taking our lead as always from the latest Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice and the French Government.
For the latest advice visit the Government travel advice website.
We understand the need for peace of mind when you make your future travel plans. With over 20 years of experience, we know how to look after our guests when unexpected things happen, so we have introduced a ‘Flexible Booking‘ policy for your additional peace of mind.
Winter 2021 Temporary Booking Conditions for COVID-19
We have put the following temporary booking T&C’s in place for Winter 2020/21. They apply to all previously made bookings and to new bookings.
Due to the impact and uncertainty of quarantine rules between the UK and France, we are happy to take accommodation bookings on the following basis:
- You must make the agreed deposit payment on your booking to secure the accommodation.
- We will not ask you for the balance payment until 8 weeks prior to your visit (normally 12 weeks). If you decide not to come at this point you can carry your deposit to another holiday date returning before 30th April 2022.
- If extra travel restrictions* are put in place after you have paid the balance, which prevents or deters you from travelling, you will be issued with a credit note for the total amount you have paid – to put towards another holiday to be taken before April 2022.
- If you decide that you do not wish to travel after paying your balance, but there are no official restrictions on travel*, you will be cancelling your booking and sadly, no refund or credit will be given.
- If the UK or French authorities’ advice changes during your stay and you have to leave resort, it will not be possible to give you a refund nor to give you a credit note for any part of your stay.
- It is a condition of booking that you have travel insurance in place, which must include medical expenses, repatriation and enforced extension of stay due to COVID-19 symptoms. We can provide you with a link to insurance companies who provide cover for this, but you MUST ensure that it meets your own requirements. We do NOT recommend a specific policy.
*Restrictions must include one of the following:
- French or Swiss borders (if you have flights booked to Geneva) are closed.
- Your departure country’s borders are closed.
- UK FCO (or your departure country’s foreign office) advises against all non-essential travel to France or Switzerland.
- Travel in France is restricted.
- UK, French or Swiss (if travelling through Geneva) Governments impose mandatory quaraintine conditions which deter you from travelling.
All other Ski & Summer Morzine Booking Conditions remain the same, see our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Before you travel please make sure you have the appropriate travel insurance to cover you, your family/party members for COVID-19. This is a mandatory obligation on booking a holiday with us. Please read our Booking Terms and Conditions.
You will also need to be prepared for some significant changes in getting to Morzine – your experience at the airport and on-board the plane.
There is no consensus yet, on how health screenings will be carried out but UK airports are considering everything from checking temperatures to disinfection cubicles. Here’s what to expect:
- Self check-in will be in high demand so please make sure to allow more time than usual if you are using this option.
- Some airlines are asking their passengers to check-in for flights via airline apps.
- You may need to wear a mask on the plane and possibly whilst in the airport.
- Sanitising stations will be positioned throughout many UK airports and next to touch points such as check-in kiosks and arrival desks.
- Many airports screen their arrivals so it is likely that your temperature will be checked upon arrival.
When you book your airport transfer with your chosen provider expect the following changes to your transfer experience:
- No passengers sitting next to driver.
- Passengers to load own luggage (unless in cases of reduced mobility).
- Passengers to clean their hands with hand sanitiser (provided) on entry to vehicle.
- All passengers to wear masks for duration of journey. You will need to supply your own mask.
- Shared transfers will have a maximum of 4 passengers in 8-seater minibuses and maximum 7 passengers in 13-seater minibuses.
- If you have booked a shared transfer, then your wait time at the airport on arrival will be up to 3.5 hours. In reality it will almost certainly be less but most transfer companies need to extend the wait time due to various changes to their service.
In our chalets
At Ski Morzine we have always prided ourselves on extremely high standards of cleanliness.
We have implemented the following additional measures to give you even more peace of mind when you come and stay in our properties. We want you to feel safe and secure.
We are now taking extra precautions to disinfect all high contact touch points in addition to our usual cleaning regimes.
Our list of items which we will take extra time to clean and disinfect:
- Door knobs
- Table surfaces
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Tables lamp
- Window sills and window handles
- Rubbish bins
- Coffee/Nespresso machines and kettles
- Chairs backs
- Sinks, toilets, taps showers, baths shower, shower screens
We will also have antibacterial spray and hand gel for your use.
Bathrooms and bedrooms
Our hygiene standards for bathrooms have always been extremely high. We will make extra effort to ensure all surfaces and high touch points are disinfected as well as baths, toilets, sinks and showers. Everything is cleaned with bleach.
All additional items such as decorative pillows and throws on beds will be removed.
A one metre distance from our team and other guests must be respected at all times. This includes during meal times. For shared occupancy chalets there will be eating options in order to facilitate these social distancing measures.
You will be required to sanitiser regularly in the chalet. Hand sanitiser will be supplied in all chalets.
Communal areas will be cleaned daily with particular attention paid to sanitising particular touch points.
In our self-catered acommodation
Our self-catered guests will notice two differences from our usual practice:
- We will not be making your beds prior to arrival. Your linen will be provided in a sanatised wrapping and left for your to make your own bed(s).
- Hand sanatiser will be inclued in your ‘welcome pack’.
Whilst in Morzine you will also notice a few changes. When entering cafes, restaurants, bars and cable car/ski lift(s), you will have to wear a mask, sanitise your hands and respect social distancing laws. So please make sure you have your mask/face covering before you go out.