At Ski Morzine we are constantly monitoring the changing travel advice both in the UK and Europe so that we can offer you the best guidance possible. Your safety and wellbeing will always be our top priority.
For the latest advice visit the Government travel advice website, and the relevant pages regarding entry into France and requirements on your return to the UK. These can change at any time.
This information is a guide ONLY. However, in accordance with our Booking Conditions and our Contract with you, it is your responsibility to check and keep abreast of all relevant travel and health information, relating to your Booking with us.
Winter 2022 temporary booking policy for COVID-19
We understand the need for peace of mind when you make your future travel plans. With over 22 years of experience, we know how to look after our guests when unexpected things happen, so we are continuing with our ‘Flexible Booking‘ policy for your additional peace of mind.
We have put the following temporary policy in place for this winter and next summer. They apply to all previously made bookings and to new bookings.
Due to the impact and uncertainty of travel and quarantine rules between the UK and Europe, we are happy to take accommodation bookings on the following basis:
- You must make the agreed deposit payment on your booking to secure the accommodation.
- We will ask you for the balance payment 12 weeks prior to your visit, but we reserve the right to shorten this at our absolute discretion – as we did last winter. If you decide not to come at this point you can carry your deposit forward to another mutually agreeable holiday date returning before 30th April 2023.
- After you have paid your balance, if extra travel restrictions* are put in place up to your date of departure, which prevents you from travelling, you will be issued with a credit note for the total amount you have paid – to put towards another mutually agreeable holiday date to be taken before April 2023.
- If the UK or French authorities’ advice changes during your stay and you have to leave resort, it will not be possible to give you a refund nor to give you a credit note for any part of your stay.
- It is a condition of booking that you have comprehensive travel insurance in place, which must include medical expenses, repatriation and enforced extension of stay due to COVID-19 symptoms. We do NOT recommend a specific policy. Please visit the UK Government website on Travel Insurance Advice.
*Restrictions must include one of the following:
- French borders are closed.
- Your departure country’s borders are closed.
All other Ski & Summer Morzine Booking Conditions remain the same. We do not accept any responsibility or liability if any member of your Booking cannot travel because they have not complied with any travel, passport, visa, vaccination, testing or immigration requirements or are not in possession of necessary travel documentation (including, without limitation, vaccination certificates, testing kits and any other required documentation).
Before you travel please make sure you have the appropriate travel insurance to cover you, your family/party members for COVID-19. This is a mandatory obligation on booking a holiday with us. Please read our Booking Terms and Conditions.
In our chalet
At Ski Morzine we have always prided ourselves on extremely high standards of cleanliness.
We have implemented the following additional measures to give you even more peace of mind when you come and stay in our properties. We want you to feel safe and secure.
We are now taking extra precautions to disinfect all high contact touch points in addition to our usual cleaning regimes.
Our list of items which we will take extra time to clean and disinfect:
- Door knobs
- Table surfaces
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Tables lamp
- Window sills and window handles
- Rubbish bins
- Coffee/Nespresso machines and kettles
- Chairs backs
- Sinks, toilets, taps showers, baths shower, shower screens
We will also have antibacterial spray and hand gel for your use.
Bathrooms and bedrooms
Our hygiene standards for bathrooms have always been extremely high. We will make extra effort to ensure all surfaces and high touch points are disinfected as well as baths, toilets, sinks and showers. Everything is cleaned with bleach.
All additional items such as decorative pillows and throws on beds will be removed.
A one metre distance from our team and other guests must be respected at all times. This includes during meal times. For shared occupancy chalets there will be eating options in order to facilitate these social distancing measures.
You will be required to sanitiser regularly in the chalet. Hand sanitiser will be supplied in all chalets.
Communal areas will be cleaned daily with particular attention paid to sanitising particular touch points.
In our self-catered accommodation
Our self-catered guests will notice two differences from our usual practice:
- We will not be making your beds prior to arrival. Your linen will be provided in a sanitised wrapping and left for you to make your own bed(s).
- Hand sanitiser will be included in your ‘welcome pack’.